The first two 2014 Chicago Cubs night games take place today, Tuesday, April 8 and Wednesday, April 9.
Zone 383 residential permit parking is in place on all Lake View residential streets in the area bounded by Irving Park Road, Broadway, Addison Street, and Ashland Avenue. These streets are a Cubs night game tow zone from 5 PM to 10 PM on night game dates.
There is LV2 resident parking on residential streets north of Irving Park and west of Ashland. (Primarily in the 47th Ward.) These streets are also a Cubs night game tow zone from 5 PM to 10 PM on night game dates.
Eligible residents that live in the night baseball LV2 zone have been mailed a LV2 permit and guest passes. Additional permits and guest passes, including single game guest passes for businesses are available at their Alderman’s Office.
Residents should be aware of the night baseball resident parking enforcement policy:
• Night BB (LV2) Resident Parking Permits are not valid in the 383 Zone. LV2 permits will only be valid on posted LV2 streets.
• Zone 383 Resident Parking Permits are not valid in the LV2 Zone. Zone 383 permits will only be valid on posted Zone 383 streets.
Vehicles towed as a result of any enforcement action are towed to Auto Pound #6 at 701 N. Sacramento (773) 265-7605. It will cost, at minimum, $160.00 to retrieve a vehicle. A citizen can check to see if their car has been towed by calling 311.
Per section 9-68-020 of the Chicago Municipal Code, parking permits may not be transferred, purchased or sold. Violators are subject to a fine of up to $500. The improper sale and use of Zone 383 guest permits has reduced the availability of on street parking for area residents on ball game days. Such abuses of the program should be reported to the City by calling 311.
Lake View/Uptown residents are encouraged to report parking violation or other illegal activities during night games to the Police/Cubs Hotline Phone Number– 866-4-CPD-TOW (866) 427-3869
If you have any questions, please call:
• 32nd Ward (Alderman Scott Waguespack) – 2657 N. Clybourn Avenue (773) 248-1330
• 44th Ward (Alderman Thomas Tunney) -3223 N. Sheffield Avenue (773) 525-6034
• 46th Ward (Alderman James Cappleman) – 4544 Broadway (773) 878-4646
• 47th Ward (Alderman Ameya Pawar) – 4243 N. Lincoln Avenue (773) 868-4747